Have you ever had one of those days where you really want to skip your yoga class but didn’t want to skip the benefits of practice?
Here are five good reasons to throw in the towel and skip fighting traffic to get to class:
1. Yoga in the comfort of your own home is so much better. Do yoga in those super old-school Lululemon’s and last year’s American Apparel tank. Who cares? It’s just you and your mat.
2. A home practice always includes your favorite poses. If today feels like a good day to open your hips, then you can do exactly that. No weird looks from the folks on the mat next to you.
3. Sometimes getting to class is hard. There are a million reasons like traffic, edgy bosses, too much coffee or not enough. And when you finally get there, if you’re late, walking into class requires that moment where you noisily roll out your mat as apologetically as possible. At home, you can roll out the mat as loud as you want.
4. You spent the $20 for your yoga class on your organic lunch. Perfect. Yoga practice at home is free.
5. It doesn’t matter how much time you have. Any amount of time is perfect for a home practice. And, shavasana (Corpse Pose) can be as long as you want!
Yoga studios are there when you need them. But, a home practice is always there for you, no matter what.