New York City, NY
The Art of Physical Adjustments: Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers With Alanna Kaivalya
Expand your teaching knowledge! Join Alanna Kaivalya for The Art of Physical Adjustments: Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health: September 23rd-28th!
Yoga practitioners derive tremendous benefit from effective adjustments. Hands-on adjustments evolve and enrich the sacred student/teacher relationship and give students the opportunity to develop their practice beyond what they thought possible.
Explore the principles behind safe and transformative hands-on assists in a training that teaches:
* How to better serve your students by making a personal connection through skillful and confident adjusting
* Different kinds of adjustments for a wide variety of asanas, including Sun Salutations, standing poses, backbends, forward bends, and inversions
* How to “see” different bodies
* Ways of optimizing each student’s freedom in the asanas.
Alanna Kaivalya, known for her deep and precise adjustments and her ability to translate the ancient practice of yoga into a contemporary context, invites you to this dynamic and practical training. Come prepared to learn technique, subtlety, and mastery as you practice hands-on adjustments with fellow participants.
This program is eligible for :
* 23.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
* 23.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Alanna Kaivalya, E-RYT 500, founder of the Kaivalya Yoga method, is an artistic and inspiring yoga teacher. She leads teacher trainings in New York City and teaches worldwide. She is known for her spot-on adjustments, live music, and accessible philosophical teachings. In addition to making her classes available through live podcasts and videos, Alanna has produced her own album, writes regularly for The Huffington Post, and is the author of Myths of the Asanas.
Get the Lowdown sent straight to your inbox every week