New Haven, CT
Ecstatic Dance NYC With Cumba Mela
Join Ecstatic Dance NYC for an unparalleled 3-Hour Conscious Dance Journey!
September 19th, 2012 | 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm | $20 (limited # of $15 tix available)
St. Mark’s Church in the Bowery
131 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10003
Dress to sweat. All ages.
Complimentary Beverages by Beyond Kombucha
Ecstatic Dance NYC gathers for a transformative, electronic music journey, mixed with intention. Move however you wish, in a container for conscious dance and freeform movement. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about dance!
Ecstatic Dance Guidelines:
1. No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk off-floor)
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Care/Awareness for the space and each other
5. Move your body however you wish
6. You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue.
What to Expect:
1. Next-level, conscious, inspiring electronic dance music
2. A top-notch dance floor in a sacred space
3. A safe space for you to dance freely in
4. Vibrant people who love to dance and love music!