What it Means:
Wikipedia: Bhakti भक्ति, literally meaning "portion, share", from the root bhaj- "to partake in, to receive one's share") refers to religious devotion of a devotee in the worship of the divine. Within monotheistic Hinduism, it is the love felt by the worshipper towards the personal God, a concept expressed in Hindu theology as Iṣṭa-devatā.
Bhakti yoga (Devanāgarī: भक्ति योग) is a spiritual path or spiritual practice within Hinduism focused on the cultivation of love and devotion towards God. It has been defined as "devotional service to Bhagavan (God) with no other motivations than simply to please the Supreme Lord." Bhakti yoga is a means to realize God (i.e. attain spiritual liberation and enlightenment) and has often been taught as the easiest way for the common person because it doesn't involve extensive yogic practices.
Bhakti Yoga is pure spiritual devotion, of love for God which is Love. The god or goddess is considered to be the beloved and the devotee is the lover. In Bhakti Yoga, everything is considered to be a manifestation of the divine, and all else, including the ego, is meaningless. Bhakti Yoga is regarded as the most direct method to merge in cosmic consciousness.
Urban Dictionary Says:
1. An extraordinary, unique feature due to the over-growth of hair above the eye. ie the eyebrow. Bhakti is pronounced: Back-t
'Yo bitch is tha' a bhakti on yo face?!'
'Dang bitch u need to shave that bhakti off yo face!'
2. The hottest girl ever like seriously this girl is so beautiful, and damn that smile! it just gets u! She's proper clever and has the most pengest body. The perfect wifey material and the bestest friend u cud ever ask for. She's the definition of perfect!
That girl Bhakti's so peng!
3. The state or condition of having reached a legendary level of coolness such that your existance is no longer governed by the same laws, restrictions, and limits that apply to all other mortals.
Coolness is measured in "Bhakti's." So far, the highest ranking person, place, or thing on the sliding scale from 0 to 1 Bhakti's is the Penguin, ranking in at .03 Bhakti's.
4. The act of falling asleep or randomly leaving instant messenger without an away message and not returning for a few hours.
The act of asking too my hypothetical questions.
You just pulled a bhakti!
5. One who wears real underwears time to time.
I am Bhakti, but only sometimes.