Join renowned teacher Deborah Koehn June 11 - July 2, 2017 for yoga teacher training unlike any other. The training is held at Hale Kai, her family's sustainable oceanfront tropical paradise on the Big Island in Hawaii, offering beautiful open air living in a peaceful and inspirational environment.
The Balinese style yoga space, kitchen, and accommodations blend with the spirit of old Hawaii to create a magical place for yoga teacher training. The crystal clear waters are perfect for swimming and snorkelling with the myriad of colorful tropical fish, sea turtles and spinner dolphin that frequent the bay.
A typical teacher training day involves concentrated time in the oceanfront yoga space studying asana, yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, both physical and subtle, pranayama and meditation, as well as time to enjoy the beauty and nature surrounding Hale Kai and living the life of a yogi.
Sample focus areas:
• The Art of Seeing: Exploring Subtle and Physical Anatomy
• Yoga Therapeutics: skillful intuition in the practice of Yoga
• Knowing how to really help others: Real life practicum on common injury, health, age and safety issues with beginning students from the community
• Creativity and Confidence: Adjusting and assisting in Yoga
• Props and Partner work: making it fun and accessible
• Yoga Philosophy in every day life: Exploring the Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, Tantra and other Classic Yogic text
• Finding Your Voice as a Yoga Teacher: Integrating what you have learned into your teaching
• The Art of intelligent sequencing in Asana practice, teaching Vinyasa flow
• Nature as Teacher: the Mahabhuta, great elements and principles of Ayurveda
• Meditation for everyone: simple techniques in meditation and presence
• The Healing power of the Breath: Pranayama in daily life
• Bringing Balance to Practice: teaching the benefits of personal practice
Student numbers are limited to ensure caring attention to detail and a comfortable learning environment.
The total cost of the package is $4,850 which includes your accommodation, fresh healthy island meals, airport pick up and drop off, adventure outings on the Big Island, a truly transformative experience, love, fun, Deborah's detailed teacher training manual and other teacher training materials.
A $1,650 non-refundable deposit will hold your space.
Head to www.yogaadventure.com to read more about Hale Kai and Deborah, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have and to reserve your spot.
Deborah holds degrees in sociology, Eastern religions and dance therapy from University of California Long Beach, and is a faculty member at the University of Minnesota Medical School’s Spirituality in Healing Program, introducing medical students to yoga as a viable healing modality.
Deborah has studied with most prominent yogis, shamans, healers and naturalists internationally including her first teacher, Indra Devi, who is credited as the “mother of yoga” in the western world. Deborah studied with world famous yoga masters Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Aadil Palkhivala, teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar and Angela Farmer. For over 30 years she has merged her love of yoga, adventure, and exploration founding Yoga Adventure, one of the world’s leading yoga retreats.
Deborah is E-RYT registered and offers Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Trainings and continuing education, is a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and offers education in Therapeutic applications of yoga. She created Yoga Adventure Spiritual Cultural Immersions internationally to enjoy connecting global family, trekking and traveling to remote places with groups and Yoga for the Village People in Hawaii, Peru and Bali loving to provide yoga for those with little access.
Deborah’s retreats and teacher trainings are held at Hale Kai, her family's sustainable retreat ocean front on the Big Island with crystalline Hawaiian waters, flowers and fruit trees. Their non-profit Yoga Adventure Ohana offers the benefits of yoga, sustainable living, clean waters, nutrition and healthy living.
Deborah is featured on ESPN Television, in photos and articles in Yoga Journal, Women in Sports and Fitness, Outside Magazine, Fit Yoga, Athleta, Prana and Patagonia catalogs.